Managing for Superior Results I: Fundamentals of Supervision (P701)
Critical Skills for the High-Performing Manager
This course introduces new managers and supervisors to the skills needed to lead their teams effectively and in addition to meet the expectations of senior management.
Many new supervisors and managers achieve their success on the basis of their technical or operational merit but then need to achieve superior results through others. This training is designed to help you to make this important transition.
The course is interactive and participative. The practical exercises are designed to help you to transfer the learning you gain during the course, back to the workplace.
This is a two-day workshop in Ottawa.
BONUS OPTION: 1-on-1 Coaching Session
Note: check out our Level 2 for this course: Managing for Superior Results II: From Manager to Leader and go beyond the basics of supervision.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Avoid common pitfalls for new supervisors and managers
- Learn how to choose the right leadership style for any situation
- Use a model for developing and coaching employees
- Use a feedback model for giving negative feedback in a positive way
- Delegate work effectively
- Deal effectively with difficult behavior and unsatisfactory performance
Please follow and like us:
Identifying the Causes of Unsatisfactory Performance
- Identifying how expectations are established
- Analyzing performance problems
- Defining the performance “gap”
Understanding Leadership Styles
- Identifying four different leadership styles
- Applying the model of situational leadership
- Choosing the right leadership style for each situation
Coaching for Improved Work Performance
- Developing an effective coaching process
- Identifying different learning styles
- Identifying the barriers to delegation
- Delegating effectively
- Establishing performance measures
- Monitoring performance and giving continuous feedback
- Understanding the barriers to effective communication
- Developing active listening skills
- Staying cool under fire: controlling strong emotions
- Developing skills in giving and receiving feedback
Dealing with Problem Behaviour
- Developing techniques for dealing with problem behaviour
- Conducting an effective counseling session
- Using the feedback model to reach agreement and gain commitment
Register for this workshop
Once you register the first attendee, you’ll have the ability to add additional attendees or purchase other workshops
Who Should Attend This Course?
Those recently promoted or soon to be promoted into a supervisory or management role. Anyone currently in a management or supervisory role, who either needs a refresher course or who has had no formal training.
Does this Course Address your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Achievement / Results Orientation
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Analytical Thinking
• Change Management and Leadership
• Conflict Resolution
• Decision Making / Decisiveness
• Dealing with Difficult Situations
• Engagement and Motivation
• Impact and Influence
• Innovation and Initiative
• Interpersonal Relations
• Management Excellence
• Planning / Organizing
• Problem Solving
• Relationship / Network Building
• Strategic Thinking
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Values and Ethics
• Working with Data and Numbers
• Working with Others