This course will be delivered two ways:
• In person (in classroom) in Ottawa
• Live, instructor-led session online
Please check available dates in the two sections on the right, and click the corresponding REGISTER ONLINE button for your choice.
The practice of mindfulness – centering your attention in the present by focusing on the breath – has been around for thousands of years. A growing body of research is demonstrating it can have a powerful impact on how you think, feel, act, relate, perform and collaborate at work.
On an individual level, mindfulness practice helps you to control your emotions – anger, frustration, fear – so you can be inquiring, thoughtful, logical, rational and strategic, and focus on the work that needs done, rather than on the situations that may distract you from your priorities. In effect, being mindful and aware allows you to acknowledge emotion and move towards logic and reason in any situation.
This workshop, facilitated by a long-term workplace mindfulness practitioner, will show you how to integrate mindfulness with emotional intelligence and organizational behaviour theories and tools, so you can immediately begin to enhance your own well-being and improve your relationships and effectiveness at work.
This is a one-day workshop in Ottawa.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Be mindful and reflective, and gain self-knowledge in order to manage your own thoughts
- Learn communications tools based on the breath to manage emotions and to respond with reason in difficult situations
- Learn about how mindfulness impacts on emotional intelligence
- Find balance in the way you work, and learn key techniques to positively influence situations and people
- Find calm and composure throughout day-to-day uncertainties and challenges
- The Modern Organization – Hierarchy vs. Circle
- Conflict and the Tuckman’s Team Development Model
- Balancing IQ with Emotional and Relationships Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence and Mindfulness
- Mindfulness Practice – tools and methods
- Communications and the 5 Questions for Clarity
Who Should Attend This Course?
Anyone who wants to improve their self-awareness and find new ways of dealing with a challenging workplace environment.
Does This Course Address Your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Achievement / Results Oriented
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Analytical Thinking
• Client Service
• Conflict Resolution
• Dealing with Difficult Situations
• Decision Making / Decisiveness
• Engagement and Motivation
• Emotional Intelligence
• Impact / Influence
• Interpersonal Relations
• Relationship / Network Building
• Self Confidence / Self Esteem
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Working with Others
• Values and Ethics