Creativity and Innovation for the Workplace (P232)
Improving Performance, Job Satisfaction and Engagement
This course will be delivered as a live, instructor-led session online – click here.
“There is no such thing as creative and non-creative people; only people who use creativity and people who don’t.”
Creativity is innate in all of us; but too many people and organizations unknowingly hinder it from flourishing. Without creativity, it is impossible to develop an innovative organization that can deliver improved services and products and maintain sustainable competitive advantage.
And the stakes have never been higher. The world is in the early stages of a new era of disruptive innovation that promises to transform every workplace and sector of society. Adaptation is the new normal, and creativity is the new literacy.
Explore how using creativity strategically can help you provide powerful solutions to problems and increase motivation, job satisfaction and engagement. Learn how creativity can be harnessed at an organizational level, and, with the right processes in place, serve as an engine of innovation.
This is a one-day workshop in Ottawa.
Note: This course is available as a stand-alone workshop, or you can enhance your learning by taking the companion workshop, Critical Thinking and Problem Solving for Effective Decision-Making (P233).
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Define innovation and creativity, and identify the 4 components of creativity
- Recognize your own creativity
- Build your own creative environment
- Explain the importance of creativity and innovation in organizations
- Recognize elements that foster an innovative and creative work environment
- Use individual and group techniques to help generate creative ideas
- Implement creative ideas
Introduction: Understanding Creativity
- Defining creativity
- The 4 P’s
- The difference between creativity and innovation
Fostering Your Own Creativity
- Evaluating your own creative ability and potential with Your Thinking Profile: FOURSIGHT Innovation Tools where you’ll receive your personal FourSight™ Profile and gain insight into your preferred way of clarifying, generating, developing, and implementing ideas and how you can innovate with others most effectively
- Eliminating obstacles to creativity
- Exercises and techniques to boost your creative juices
Creativity and Innovation at Work
- Why the workplace needs creativity
- Evaluate your workplace’s creative approach and opportunities
- Elements that support a creative work environment
- Deliberate creativity at work: innovation teams and integrating creativity into the strategic plan
Problem-Solving Processes and Creative Techniques
- Where creativity fits into problem-solving
- Tools and techniques for the group and individual
- Hands-on practice with workplace scenarios
Making Ideas Tangible
- The definition of Creative Product
- Innovate! Applying the creative product
- It doesn’t end there: The 5th P – Persuading others to adopt your creative ideas
Who Should Attend This Course?
Anyone who wishes to foster and promote creativity and innovation in the workplace, or improve their own performance and job satisfaction by applying the creative process and techniques.
Does This Course Address Your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Achievement / Results Oriented
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Creative Thinking
• Decision Making / Decisiveness
• Impact / Influence
• Innovation and Initiative
• Management Excellence
• Problem Solving
• Self Confidence / Self Esteem