The ability to communicate effectively at work and in life is perhaps the most critical skill for anyone. Those who have demonstrated an ability to effectively communicate are more likely to receive promotions and job offers.
Effective communication allows you to use all the other skills you have to the fullest. Your success in motivating, delegating, organizing, solving problems and obtaining information depends heavily on your ability to communicate with others. At this workshop you’ll learn how to influence and inform through the use of real life examples, group discussions, role plays and interactive hands-on exercises.
This is a two-day workshop in Ottawa.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Impact and influence all conversations you have through awareness and intention
- Understand your strengths in communication and maximize them to your benefit
- Be prepared to communicate with anyone in any situation
- Deliver effective feedback even in stressful situations
- Communicate professionally with all your communication tools – guarantee your effectiveness
Please follow and like us:
Establishing the Importance of Communication Skills
- Are you sure you’re being understood?
- Are you being clear?
- What about when you disagree?
Basic Communication Principles
- Models of communication
- Factors affecting communication
- Who says what to whom? (Sender, receiver, message and response)
- Preparing your message to be sent
- ‘The Medium is the Message’ – which do you choose?
- Communicating in person
- Communicating over the phone
- Communicating via e-mail
HRDQ: What’s my Communicating Style?
- Learn to identify and adapt to different communication styles
- Identify your communication strengths and areas of improvement
- Barriers to effective communication
- Communication breakdowns
- How to deal with receiver reactions
- Aggressive, passive and assertive
- How to be assertive to get your message across
- What does your body language say about you?
- Learn how subtle changes can help you appear more confident and assertive and inspire more respect
- Learn how to avoid creating difficult situations and reactions by becoming more self-aware
Active Listening – The Critical Half of Communication
- Active Listening Self-Assessment
- Intentional Listening and Responding
- Using Empathy
- Understanding, then being understood
- Using probing questions
- Clarifying, reflecting, paraphrasing, responding
Communicating in Email
- The W.I.I.F.M. Factor
- Learn one tool to help you create clear and complete messages, get a faster response rate, prioritize messaging, save composition time and help avoid clogging up your inbox unnecessarily
Applying Communication Skills when Giving Feedback
- Guidelines for giving and receiving feedback
- Feedback models
Register for this workshop
Once you register the first attendee, you’ll have the ability to add additional attendees or purchase other workshops
Who Should Attend This Course?
Anyone who would like to use effective communication techniques and proven methods to relate better to people, including managers, supervisors, team leaders, executive assistants and client service staff.
Does This Course Address Your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Achievement / Results Orientation
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Analytical Thinking
• Change Management and Leadership
• Client Service
• Computer Use
• Conflict Resolution
• Decision Making / Decisiveness
• Dealing with Difficult Situations
• Document Use
• Emotional Intelligence
• Impact and Influence
• Innovation and Initiative
• Interpersonal Relations
• Learning Support / Continuous Learning
• Management Excellence
• Negotiating Techniques
• Organizational Knowledge
• Planning / Organizing
• Project Management
• Public Speaking / Presenting
• Reading Skills
• Relationship / Network Building
• Risk Management and Assessment
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Values and Ethics
• Writing Skills
• Working with Others