Communicating for Results – Online Workshop (V209) - NEW
Communicate Your Message Clearly and Effectively…Every Time!
This course will be scheduled in the near future. We will add dates to the website as soon as they become available. For more information please contact Sophie at email@example.com.
The ability to communicate effectively at work and in life is perhaps the most critical skill for anyone. Those who have demonstrated an ability to effectively communicate are more likely to receive promotions and job offers.
Effective communication allows you to use all the other skills you have to the fullest. Your success in motivating, delegating, organizing, solving problems and obtaining information depends heavily on your ability to communicate with others. At this workshop you’ll learn how to influence and inform through the use of real life examples and interactive hands-on exercises.
This is a half-day virtual live workshop.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this virtual workshop, you will be able to:
- Impact and influence all conversations you have through awareness and intention
- Understand your strengths in communication and maximize them to your benefit
- Be prepared to communicate with anyone in any situation
- Deliver effective feedback even in stressful situations
- Communicate professionally with all your communication tools – guarantee your effectiveness
Please follow and like us:
Establishing the Importance of Communication Skills
- Barriers to effective communication
- Models of communication
- Communication breakdowns
What’s my Communicating Style?
- Learn to identify and adapt to different communication styles
- Identify your communication strengths and areas of improvement
- What does your body language say about you?
- Learn how subtle changes can help you appear more confident and assertive and inspire more respect
- Learn how to avoid creating difficult situations and reactions by becoming more self-aware
Active Listening – The Critical Half of Communication
- Intentional Listening and Responding
- Using Empathy
- Using probing questions
- Clarifying, reflecting, paraphrasing, responding
Communicating via Email
- Learn one tool to help you:
– create clear and complete messages,
– get a faster response rate,
– prioritize messaging,
– save composition time and
– help avoid clogging up your inbox unnecessarily
Communication Challenges and Giving Feedback
- How to deal with receiver reactions
- Aggressive, passive and assertive
- How to be assertive to get your message across
- Learn a 4 step process to giving and receiving feedback
Who Should Attend This Course?
Anyone who would like to use effective communication techniques and proven methods to relate better to people, including managers, supervisors, team leaders, executive assistants and client service staff.
Does This Course Address Your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Achievement / Results Orientation
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Analytical Thinking
• Change Management and Leadership
• Client Service
• Computer Use
• Conflict Resolution
• Decision Making / Decisiveness
• Dealing with Difficult Situations
• Document Use
• Emotional Intelligence
• Impact and Influence
• Innovation and Initiative
• Interpersonal Relations
• Learning Support / Continuous Learning
• Management Excellence
• Negotiating Techniques
• Organizational Knowledge
• Planning / Organizing
• Project Management
• Public Speaking / Presenting
• Reading Skills
• Relationship / Network Building
• Research, Analysis and Evaluation
• Risk Management and Assessment
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Values and Ethics
• Writing Skills
• Working with Others