This course will be scheduled in the fall of 2019. For more information contact Sophie at 613-234-2020, ext. 21.
Do you love those moments of exception, when everything seems to come together and things are working beautifully? Would you like to create an environment in your team or organization where those extraordinary moments become the norm? Then you are ready to learn the value of Appreciative Inquiry, also known as AI.
AI is a process for engaging people that is built around carefully structured inquiries. Its philosophy is rooted in being positive, sharing stories of things that work well, and leveraging strengths and the power of co-creation to initiate lasting, powerful changes that can make an organization the best it has ever been, because of people who care and are committed.
This is a one-day workshop in Ottawa.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Recognize and work with the general premises of AI
- Appreciate the power of AI as an inclusive, collaborative philosophy
- Apply the fundamentals of Appreciative Inquiry having experienced the process for yourself
- Describe the 4-Ds of Appreciative Inquiry: discover, dream, design, and destiny
- Work through a simple Appreciative Inquiry process
- Help your team and organization review what’s important, what you can become, and how you can get there
Please follow and like us:
Overview and Introduction
Defining Appreciative Inquiry
- How is it different from traditional organizational development tools?
- Key principles upon which AI is based
- 5 core processes that form the foundation for appreciative inquiry
- The interview and information gathering processes
The 4-D Model
- The 4-D model: discover, dream, design, and destiny
- Hands-on practice with the interview guide and core processes
- Explore how appreciative inquiry can be implemented within your team/project/organization
Who Should Attend This Course?
Managers, team and project leaders from government, private sector or non-profit organizations – anyone who wants to learn a positive approach that can be used for implementing change, team-building, strategic planning, organizational restructuring, evaluation, coaching and more.
We encourage a team of at least two individuals from each organization to attend so they can return to the workplace confident to apply the principles of AI in their organizations. However, “singles” are definitely welcome!
Does this Course Address your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Achievement / Results Oriented
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Creative Thinking
• Dealing with Difficult Situations
• Decision Making
• Emotional Intelligence
• Engagement and Motivation
• Impact / Influence
• Interpersonal Relations
• Management Excellence
• Planning / Organizing
• Problem Solving
• Relationship / Network Building
• Self Confidence / Self Esteem
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Working with Others