Effective Techniques to Draw Readers to Web Pages
The Internet is a fascinating place to find information, visit your favorite companies and stores, read the news, stay connected and much more. However, people do not read information on the web in the same way that they read a printed newspaper, magazine, or a book. As writers, we have to be aware of how people approach a web page or mobile device so that we can create interesting and engaging content.
In this interactive one-day workshop, participants will learn and practise new ways of structuring their writing for the web and mobile devices for maximum impact.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
Course duration: 1 day
Course language: English
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
• apply engaging techniques that draw readers to web pages
• plan what to write to reflect web hierarchy
• understand how readers read on different devices
• create engaging content, including catchy headlines
• enhance your writing with other forms of media
• make your writing accessible to a variety of readers
• optimize search engines and keywords
Understanding the Web
• Purposes of web writing
• Design and structure
• How HTML works
• Eight influence factors to engage readers
Understanding Site Hierarchy
• Designing sites
• Menus, links, and buttons
• The difference between information for computers and mobile devices
• Writing eye-catching headlines
• Writing content
• Writing goals
• The need for conciseness
Deciding What to Print
• Learning what gets read
• Testing usability
• Multiple platforms
• Eye tracking
Adding Audio and Video
• When is it appropriate?
• How do users access it?
Getting Your Content Noticed
• Search engine optimization
• Alternative searches
• Optimizing keywords
• Balancing SEO and word stuffing
Who Should Attend This Course?
Anyone who wants to learn more about writing content for the web and mobile devices.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21