Helping Yourself and Your Team During Change
“Organizations change, people transition.”
The only constant is change. Change is now happening at the speed of light and organizations are constantly having to deal with how to implement the new-new thing. While they are dealing with the new process, technology or org chart, however, who is taking care of the people?
Most organizations make the false assumption that because people are not jumping for joy about a change, that they are resistant to the change. What they fail to take into consideration is what people are going through emotionally, psychologically and physically. This program surfaces the human side of change: how people go through change and what they are thinking, feeling and living. It looks at the 3 phases of what Bridge’s calls “Transitions”. Three discreet phases that people go through in a very organic, chaotic rather than totally linear manner.
By working with the human side of change we are making the invisible visible in order to understand where “resistant-like” behaviour comes from. By understanding what is going on at a subconscious level, we can identify what is going on within ourselves and our workmates, we can develop better conversations and communication strategies and move through the 3 phases quicker and in a healthier manner, leading to increased engagement in the change.
This highly experiential program combines a long activity with deep, rich debriefs, change models, a self assessment, tips, tools, insights and powerful strategies in order to educate and arm you with the right knowledge and skills to get through changes in a more positive manner.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
1 Day: Experiencing Change
• Setting the Stage
• The Human Side of Change: An exercise on change
• The three types of change: Planned, Imposed and Evolving
• The difference between Organizational Change and Transitions
• Bridge’s 3 Phases that people go through.
• Interpersonal Style Inventory: how different personality types deal with change and what to do about it.
• The Marathon Effect
• Micro-actions: how to help yourself through change
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
• Understand the difference and ramifications of the 3 types of change
• Describe the 3 stages of change and the 3 phases of transitions
• Understand the steps in a change model: understand the steps in transitions models
• Recognize the various factors that can appear as resistance
• Describe actions to take during the various phases
• Understand your behaviour and others’ behaviours better in times of change
• Develop micro-actions or strategies that you can use to help yourself during times of change
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21