Critical Techniques for Succeeding in Today’s Challenging Environment
Today’s business environment is ultra competitive, sales cycles are often longer, and prospects are more sophisticated than ever before. As if this weren’t challenging enough, it has gotten harder to even get in front of a prospect. And when you do, they are less willing to readily provide all the information typically needed for a consultative sales approach.
This course is designed to provide you with real-world, proven techniques to succeed in today’s challenging sales environment. Your course leader is a successful entrepreneur with years of sales and marketing experience in a variety of businesses in the retail, software and real estate sectors.
You will sharpen your selling skills with facilitated exercises and activities that reinforce building relationships, digging deep to uncover prospect needs and find solutions. The workshop will include a brainstorming session on tactics and ideas to grow your business. The course will also touch on selling to the federal government in the post-Gomery climate.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
- The “right stuff” for a winning salesperson: equal parts communicator, analyst, consultant, presenter, project manager, facilitator, negotiator and leader
- Research and preparation – time well invested
- Qualify or fail!
- Getting attention and building rapport from the first call
- 15 surefire ways to turn off your prospect
- Enhancing your listening skills for more meaningful conversations
- Identifying the “problem” or need
- Proposing the solution: Showstopper or Showflopper?
- Anticipating and handling objections
- Closing the deal: win/win negotiation techniques
- Partnering/collaboration strategies
- The all-important follow-up
- Learning and improving the process for the next sale
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the confidence you need to succeed in today’s challenging environment
- Ask better questions to qualify and assess prospect needs
- Quickly develop a rapport and cultivate trust
- Effectively frame your offering in terms of prospect needs
- Position yourself as a problem solver
- Have increased pride and satisfaction in your sales approach
- Sell more in less time
Who Should Attend?
Sales and marketing staff, owner/managers, consultants, and anyone else who wishes to increase their ability to win business for their organization.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21