How to Work with a Team and Clients to Create Successful Project Delivery
At the core of every project are its people: the people who want the project, those paying for it, and those you will depend on to do the work. The best-planned project can still fail if you ignore its important interpersonal dimensions.
This workshop is about creating success through people. It goes behind the science of PERT, MS Project, and GANT charts to look at the art of working and communicating with people connected to the project. Within a five-step process for project planning and management, we will study the human side, addressing issues such as qualifying the need for the product, scoping the project, team work, communications, and risk management.
This workshop is complementary to our sister workshop, Project Management 101 (P713). The 101 workshop explores the steps and general practices of project management in greater detail over two days. This one-day workshop, while providing an overview of the steps, emphasizes the human dimension of successful projects.
We will rely on a variety of training situations including discussions, cases studies and group work.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
Course duration: 1 day
• Keys to success for project management
• Basic concepts of project management
• Five phases of a project cycle
• Project scoping: Initiation and definition
• Dealing with the boss who wants everything yesterday
• Preparing and sign-off on a project initiation document
• Preparing a team charter
• Managing a team and how to deal with difficult situations
• Avoiding time traps and other time-wasters
• Risk assessment, management, and mitigation
• Project delivery and review
At the end of this seminar, you will:
• Know the rudiments of the project cycle
• Understand how to put people into your project plan
• Have a toolbox for dealing with the various personalities associated with a project cycle
• Gain simulated experience through case studies and group work
Who Should Attend This Course?
This introductory course is designed for anyone interested in working with people in order to create a successful project delivery.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21