Improve Your Oral Communication Skills
This one-day course is designed for anyone wanting to improve their oral communication skills in a non-threatening environment. Participants will work in plenary session, in small groups, and individually using hands-on techniques and material geared specifically to their work environment. You’ll briefly review the theory behind effective communication strategies and quickly move into applying this knowledge in a practical way. You will also learn the most effective ways of using PowerPoint and other visual aids as an outline tool.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
Course duration: 1 day
Course language: English
Effective Communication Strategies
- Know your audience
- The similarities and differences between written and oral communication
- Preparation of options and recommendations
Effective Communication for Oral Briefings
- How to make your point
- Personal styles of communication
- The feedback loop
Effective Use of Visual Aids
- When to use visual aids, and how
- Designing visual aids to suit the audience and location
- The good, the bad, and the ugly of PowerPoint
- The most effective way of using PowerPoint and other visual aids
Putting it All Together
- Coordinating the various elements
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- effectively organize your thoughts and ideas
- effectively present your ideas in a clear, coherent manner
- use PowerPoint and other visual aids to your best advantage
- communicate complicated material so that others can easily understand your point of view
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who needs to improve their skills in delivering oral reports and presentations.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21