Advanced Skills for Today’s Workplace
This one-day course will show you what templates are, how to use existing templates and set up your own templates and forms. You will learn about using envelopes and labels, and how the mail merge feature allows you to create form letters using data from different data sources.
You will use the power of styles to create consistently formatted documents and to facilitate modifying paragraph and character formatting as well as work efficiently to organize large documents. This course will also discuss working with the track revisions feature.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
• Styles overview
• Applying styles
• Creating styles
• Modifying styles
Working with Templates
• What are templates?
• Using templates
• Attaching templates
• Creating new templates
• Working with forms
• Using the navigation pane
• Using Outline View for working with large documents
• Working with section breaks
• Inserting multiple headers and footers
• Inserting a Table of Contents
Using the Mailings Ribbon
• Using envelopes and labels
• Mail Merge overview
• Creating the main document (form letter)
• Specifying a data source
• Inserting Mail Merge fields
• Previewing and completing the merge
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
• Work with Styles
• Use and create Templates
• Protect documents
• Work efficiently with large documents
• Understand Section Breaks
• Insert multiple Headers and Footers
• Create/Modify Tables of Content
• Perform Mail Merges
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is intended for anyone who has a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and is seeking to increase their level of expertise in this application.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21