Focus Your Mind for Greater Success
“The world is in crisis. It needs people who have the skill to combine inner power with outer action. The quality of your awareness will directly affect the quality of the results you produce.” -Desmond Tutu
Time Magazine has dubbed it “The Mindful Revolution”, and with good reason. Evidence shows that mindfulness does in fact produce positive results. Simply put, Mindfulness is the ability to focus your attention on the thing you are doing, when you are doing it. With the persistent need to multitask and the constant pressure to be plugged in to technology at all hours, Mindfulness has become more prevalent as a way to focus the mind, and bring about high impact results, while reducing stress.
This interactive workshop introduces participants to the practice of mindfulness, and provides practical exercises to nurture an individual’s personal ability to achieve better balance and focus in the workplace.
A practice in mindfulness can assist you in developing essential skills for today’s workplace, and will produce many benefits including: decreased stress; increased sense of well-being/self- awareness; decreased anxiety; increased calmness; decreased attention-deficit issues; increased focus and attention; decreased linear thinking; increased divergent thinking; decreased relationship challenges; increased empathy and compassion for yourself and others.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
• What is Mindfulness?
• The Elements of Mindfulness
• The Attitudes of Mindfulness
• The Benefits of Mindfulness
• Practices & Exercises
• Nurturing your personal practice
• Mindfulness in your workplace
At the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
• Develop a personal action plan to incorporate mindfulness practices into your work environment
• Develop awareness of the impacts of stress and negative emotions
• Apply practices/exercises to increase your focus and clarity
• Develop your capacity to self-reflect, self-observe and self-correct
• Increase your sense of moment to moment awareness of thoughts and emotions without judgement
• Increase effectiveness of communications with others
• Participants handbook – various mindfulness practices
• A 30-Day Nurturing Your Practice Challenge
• An individual 15 minute post workshop follow up call (to be scheduled at facilitator and participants convenience)
Who Should Attend This Course?
Anyone at any level in the organization who wishes to find creative solutions to short and long-term challenges and pressures in the workplace, and who wishes to become more resilient, focused and resourceful.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21