How to Hire and Retain the Best Talent
The goal of HR is to ensure the organization finds and hires the best individuals available; develops and nurtures their talent; creates a sustaining, productive work environment; and continually builds and monitors these human assets.
All types and sizes of organizations – in government, private, and not-for-profit sectors – need to ensure they have had adequate expertise in Human Resource Management (HRM) in order to achieve business plans.
This two-day workshop provides a strong foundation in the core elements of HRM. The course is interactive and participative. The practical exercises are designed to help you transfer the learning you gain during the course back to the workplace.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
• Have a good understanding of key components in Human Resource Management
• Understand how to hire and retain best talent
• Navigate applicable employment laws
• Work with line managers to manage the performance of employees
• Use Human Resource Management to support your organization to achieve its business goals
Introduction to HR Management
• Human Resource Planning
HR and Legislation
• Overview of applicable labour legislation including Ontario Employment Standards Act, Canada Labour Code and Occupational Health and Safety Acts
Recruitment and Selection
• Attracting qualified applicants, including the use of social media
• Selecting candidates through employment testing and interviews
• Offers of employment
Employee Training and Development
• Overview of employee training methods
• Employee orientation programs
• Employee communications
• Employee engagement
• The steps of employee termination
• Occupational Health and Safety
• Managing in a unionized environment
Performance Appraisals and Performance Management
• Using job analysis, job evaluation, wage and salary structures, and different types of compensation plans
HR Issues and Strategy
• HR practices and processes for aligning strategic human resource management with organizational strategy
Who Should Attend This Course?
This program provides a solid introduction to HRM for those new to the field, those who are interested in a career in human resource management, or those who may be currently specialists in one aspect of HR.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21