Secrets to Working Effectively with Co-Workers
Our workplaces today already reflect an ethnically and culturally diverse population and this trend will continue.
Cultural diversity can be a great positive asset in the workplace. But in many cases we are not always sure how to interact most effectively with those whose values and behaviours differ from our own.
This workshop is for anyone who has ever worked with someone from a different culture and felt the effects of disconnected communication, frustration and lack of understanding. You’ll come away with new understanding and insight to take advantage of the unique attributes of other cultures in your workplace and develop more productive working relationships.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
- Understanding stereotypes and their dangers
- How to make the best first impression
- Differing codes: communication styles, use of time, decision-making, information transfer, ways of reasoning, importance of relationships, attitude to change, etc.
- Dealing with differences
- Understanding the cultural differences inherent to values
- Avoiding cultural shock
- Developing ways of dealing effectively with diversity
Maximizing the Benefits of Diversity
- Identifying potential synergies with your colleagues
- Creating an environment of growth to share best practices
- Ways of showing trust, recognition and enthusiasm
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the impacts and challenges of working with different cultures
- Decode the behaviours and styles of your co-workers
- Identify and understand the values that have an impact on the working environment
- Build authentic and effective relationships
Who Should Attend?
Managers, team leads and team members — anyone who wants to improve his/her way of working and communicating with their counterparts from a different culture.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21