Taking a Leadership Role Regardless of Your Level
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the future, and there are many organizational and individual advantages to being on the leading edge of this wave; including increased employee engagement, positive public image and improved client satisfaction. Looking at business activities through the lens of Corporate Social Responsibility makes social, economic and environmental sense. Are you ready to support your organization’s evolution?
This course is designed for individuals from any level of the organization, and will provide the tools and insight to influence change regardless of your position. In considering CSR as a vehicle for your organization’s development, this course will transform the way you think and introduce tools to assist you in defining your own leadership role.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
Course duration: 2 days
Welcome to the New World
- A short history of how things got to be the way they are
- Environment, people, bottom line
- Paradigm shift
What is CSR?
- Defining Corporate Social Responsibility
- CSR landscape; business, government and civil society
- Why organizations need CSR
- Business ethics
CSR and Your Organization
- Clarifying and connecting with your organization’s purpose
- The business case
Leadership from Any Level
- Leadership is not a position; it is a state of mind
- Influencing change
- Considering your own sphere of influence
- Engaging others
- Clarifying your role
At the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Define Corporate Social Responsibility; what is it and why is it important?
- Understand how organizations benefit from a CSR frame of reference
- Develop a CSR business case for your organization
- Consider ways to enhance CSR within your own organization
- Assess your own role as a leader and influencer of change
- Consider how to initiate a CSR program even if you have “no resources” budgeted for it
- Consider CSR as a framework for employee engagement
Who Should Attend This Course?
- Anyone who seeks to enhance their own leadership and change management skills
- Individuals who want to contribute to their organization’s development and learn how to take initiative in doing so
- Anyone interested in Corporate Social Responsibility and concerned about issues of social and environmental sustainability
- Managers will benefit additionally by considering CSR from the perspective of employee engagement
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21