Using The Change Cycle™ to Move Effectively Through Change
Change is a time-consuming distraction. It takes us away from our regular work, it slows productivity, and it often creates conflict. You may even notice an increase in absenteeism during periods of change. The reality is that you may never be happy with the change you are experiencing, and that’s okay. At some point, though, you will have to learn to live with your new reality. The more quickly you can do that, the sooner you can get back to being productive and feeling like yourself again.
The Change Cycle™ is a change management model that helps individuals and teams deal with change pragmatically, resourcefully, and effectively. Change is the result of chance, choice, progress, or crisis, and is often unpredictable. People react, respond, and adjust to change in a sequence of six predictable stages which identify the thoughts, feelings, and behaviors associated with each stage of change. There is no better map to assist individuals in navigating through the changes in their work and life.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
Course duration: Half- day
Course language: English
• The Change Cycle™ overview
• Exploring why change happens and what makes it difficult
• How the brain responds to change
• Separate predictable and unpredictable characteristics of change
• Understanding your Locator Result
• The six stages of the Change Cycle™
• Understanding reactions and responses of each stage
• Identifying the thoughts, feelings, and behaviours of each stage
• Differentiating between real vs. imagined fears
• Optimism and resilience
• Questions to ask during each stage
• Actions and exit strategies to move through each stage
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
• Overcome the biggest challenges associated with any change more quickly
• Understand the thoughts, feelings, and behaviours associated with change
• Apply the language of change to improve communication
• Avoid getting caught in the “Danger Zone”
• Know what key questions to ask and when during any change
• Identify the best exit strategy for each stage of change
• Navigate future changes more effectively and efficiently, even when the change is unwanted
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who would like to ease the discomfort of dealing with change and get through it more effectively and efficiently – whether the change is personal or professional, self- or externally-imposed, wanted or unwanted.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21