Competency-Based Recruitment Techniques
More and more organizations are faced with the challenge of maximizing the time they spend attracting, inspiring and retaining top performers. That’s why the interview itself is such a critical step in the employee selection process. Quoting Dr. Paul Green, a pioneer in developing behavioural interviewing processes: “past actions predict future performance.”
Behavioural interviewing focuses on the applicant’s past actions and behaviors, and not subjective impressions that can sometimes be misleading. This type of interviewing improves your organization’s overall hiring ROI (cost of hire or re‐hire, training and productivity costs, impact on morale, etc.) and competitive edge in today’s market. It also reduces risk in potential bias and is more legally defensible than any other type of interview.
This one-day workshop provides a comprehensive guide to understanding and incorporating behavioural interviewing techniques to identify, hire and retain quality talent every time.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
Course duration: 1 day
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
• Follow a step‐by‐step plan for effective interviewing
• Incorporate proven interview probing techniques
• Design behavioural interview questions based on job‐based competencies
• Perfect your behavioural interview techniques and skills
• Hire more effectively, saving your organization time and money
• Canadian Human Rights Act
• Step by Step Interview Plan and Checklist
• Interviewing Do’s and Don’ts
• Perfect your Interview Probing Techniques
• Benefits and Fundamentals
• Job Based Competency Model
• STAR Model Overview
• Sample Interview Q&A, Case Studies
Design, Analysis and Practice
• Design Behavioral Questions
• Behavioural Interview Analysis
• Practice Session
Who Should Attend This Course?
Anyone in your workplace who is directly involved in the candidate selection process as part of their role, including team leaders, managers, supervisors and human resources staff. This course applies equally well to government, not-for-profit and private sectors.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21